Thursday 1 December 2016

Red Ribbon Reviewers 2016

https://redribbonreviewers.wordpress.com/

It's that time of year again... and I'm beginning to suspect that a part of my subconscious is doing all it can to drive the rest of it insane. Regardless, I am once again taking part in the Red Ribbon Reviewers project, meant to help bring awareness to HIV/AIDS. However, this year is going to be a little different for a couple of reasons. For starters, along with its traditional goals, the project has taken on a new charge in light of certain distressing news that occurred over in the U.S. I won't exactly be using the #MakeAmericaLaughAgain hashtag myself, but I certainly get why people now more than ever need some form of mirth to help come to grips with reality. Hell, that ethos is basically why this blog exists in the first place. So, along with getting through my usual end-of-year catch-up on the cinematic crop, I will be doing my duty so I can #MakeTheWorldLaughAgain.

The second, and somewhat more pertinent, difference will be that I will be increasing my workload from last year. Yes. Last year, I managed to put out 2 full film reviews every day of December, a feat I'm honestly surprised that this feckless nobody managed to accomplish. However, this year? At least 2 reviews a day, meaning it will most likely be more than that. Under the banner of two causes that I have all the respect for, I am essentially going to try and induce burnout in myself as best I can. Will I succeed... at anything? Only time will tell but, for right now, get ready for the flood. The great work begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment