Saturday 11 October 2014

Why didn't I start this sooner?

Yeah, seriously, why didn't I?

Okay, here's a good place for an introduction: I'm Mahan, as far as the internet is concerned. I have a compulsion for analyzing and cataloging pretty much everything I watch/listen/play, as you'll no doubt find out if you stick with me. I have a major love for speculative fiction and have even written a bit of it myself here and there. I'm extremely opinionated, but I try to have a 'live-and-let-live' approach when it comes to what other people think... key word being TRY. Like everything else in this world, it's still a work in progress.

Speaking of work, what is this blog gonna be about? Well, it'll be a kinda-sorta continuation of my YouTube channel, which you can find here, where I do reviews of movies and TV shows... less often than I would like, but I do plan on getting back to it at some stage. I usually end up with a pretty solid opinion of any form of media once I've finished it, but making videos on every single one of them is going to take too damn long, so I'll put a lot of them here instead. I'll be covering a lot of different areas (Movies, TV shows, anime, music, games, along with any other general ramblings I conjure up) and I'll mostly update on the weekends.

And now, for the 'fun' part: The lists. I wasn't kidding when I said I catalog everything I experience, particularly when it comes to movies. Since 2012, I've been listing every movie I see that comes out each year, listing them from what I consider best to worst, along with a short blurb about my thoughts on the movie in question. I do a similar thing with anime (Only I list EVERY anime I watch), along with my favourite albums, games and movies that I've experienced so far overall. Up until now, these have mostly been for my own benefit, and just something I can bring up when I've run out of shit to talk about with friends. But now, over the next long while I suspect, I will be posting them here for a potentially wider audience.

In terms of movies, I've made it my goal to see every film that comes out at my local cinema, which means that I will be writing up movie reviews on a regular basis, so there will be plenty of content on here regardless of what's going on. I don't usually have a schedule for such things, but for this weekend at the very least, I plan on seeing the following films:

Dragonball Z: Battle Of Gods (English Dub)
One Direction: Where We Are
The Judge

Hopefully now, you'll believe me when I say that I see EVERYTHING that screens at my local.

Till then, I hope you'll hitch a wagon to my star... actually, another thing I should bring up while I have a clear example: I have a very oddball sense of humour. I won't always make sense, I won't always be PC (No one should be anyway, but that's another story), and I always go for the cheap shots. You have been warned. :)

Regardless, I hope that you will join me in my critical ventures. This is going to get... interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment